A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As General Ledger (GL) Accounting Team Lead in a global Shared Service Center, you oversee the operations of a GL team on a daily basis to ensure realization of service objectives within set guidelines/policies. You also ensure that the operations team meets and exceeds the KPI target set for the organization. You manage your team to provide internal customers with financial data/reports; manage accounting processes; post to the general ledger; handle sub-ledger activities such inventory, payroll and benefits, accounts receivable; reconcile/maintain bank accounts, and perform local statutory / regulatory activities. In addition, your team is responsible for preparing financial statements, performing financial analysis and (pre-)audit tasks. You handle escalations, perform advanced processing for specific GL activities of a more complex/sensitive nature and provide sign-offs or approvals where needed. You leverage your expertise to constantly seek out better ways of performing processes, to contribute to process excellence initiatives, to support operational performance reporting activities and to ensure qualification, motivation and development of your team members.
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree in finance and accounting or related field required
- Master’s Degree in Finance / Accounting or CPA licensed preferred
- More than 5 yrs. of experience in End to End General Ledger Accounting including Closing, Reporting & Consolidation process.
- 3+ yrs. of experience in manager or team lead function required
- Profound accounting knowledge required
- Experience in a local entity set-up and also Shared Services Center preferred
- Experience with SAP or other ERP system required (Local legacy system, e.g. Scala)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Fluent English language skills required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com