A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who You Are:
3 to 5 years’ experience, including:
- BA/BS degree in business administration, engineering, computer science, IT, or related area or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of master data within an ERP and its distribution to connected systems for downstream process consumption.
- Demonstrated ability to understand global, strategic objectives and identify key priorities
- Established proficiency in Data Management Systems (MDG-M, SAP WM, Oracle, PIM’s, etc.)
- Application of quantitative techniques to challenging, real-world problems
- Strong analytical, comprehension, decision making and problem- solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills in global environment
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility, work independently and master new tasks quickly
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Solid attention to detail and Project Management skills
- Ability to liaison, influence, collaborates and communicates with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to work as a business partner to identify new and innovative ways to service our customers
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues of a moderate to complex scope
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Access and Relational Database Experience
- Willingness to travel 10 - 25% domestic and internationally, with ability to travel on short notice
- Excellent understanding of machine learning toolkits (e.g. TensorFlow) techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with BI / data visualization tools (e.g QlikSense, Palantir, Aera/FusionOps, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills – programming experience is a plus
- Data-oriented personality
- A passionate individual who knows how to stay updated with the latest advancements in the technology
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.