A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Communications Manager will support and drive internal and external business communication programs for our global Applied Solutions Business. This role will be responsible for messaging development, content creation, content curation and program management, ensuring high-quality, consistent communication to our key stakeholders.
As there are both internal and external components to this position, this individual will work across various functions and levels, including liaising with Corporate Communications, the Integrated Communications team and the Editorial team. Content coordination will require close partnership with many areas of the business, including the Applied Solutions Leadership Team, each of the Business Units and their Marketing Communications and R&D teams, in addition to other various functions within the life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Among your responsibilities:
• Draft written materials, prepare presentations and communicate regularly with employees through our internal channels.
• Develop strategies to increase employee awareness and engagement.
• Externally support PR and media activities, maintaining a strong external brand image and reputation.
• Special events and logistics planning projects will also be a core responsibility.
• Creation and maintenance of intranet pages
• Content creation for internal as well as external social/digital channels
• Assisting with internal communications logistics and event planning
• Drafting articles related to corporate/business news, milestones and events
• Work with in-house design studio to execute projects as assigned
• Slide development and creation
• Script writing and presentation recommendations
• Support special projects and initiatives
• Senior leadership communication support
Who you are:
• 5 + years working in a Communications role
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related discipline
• Communications, Journalism, or English degree
• Very strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as part of a team
• Expresses oneself effectively, delivers well-prepared communications and encourages open communication from others
• Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities
• Strong PowerPoint and intermediate Excel skills
• Strong SharePoint skills
• Previous experience managing social channels
• Professional demeanor
• Video production experience a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.