A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: R&D HC Solution Designer
Location: Electronic City, Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities:
The resulting growth of the HealthCare Research and Development application portfolio requires additional support of a Solution Designer as part of the Engineering team to provide hands-on support to both projects and services. Additional technical expertise is required in order to build enhanced and innovative solutions, to design and provision scalable and reliable platforms and to troubleshoot any complex technical issues.
Role & Responsibilities
- In the role of Solution Designer during projects:
- Translate user and system requirements into a system design document
- Explore new platforms, select implementation technology and define development and software standards
- Design, size and document system architecture
- Implement and maintain complex solution and data architecture(s) according to Org’s technology stack
- Ensure technical deliverables are meeting quality expectations, define testing approach
- Support service transition as technical expert
- Communication with project leaders, business, vendors, SMEs, delivery teams & partners
- Support project and service teams during the full application lifecycle:
- Troubleshoot systems and solutions in case of escalation
- Lifecycle management / tech refresh planning
- Coordination of system monitoring implementation
- Platform simplification / reduction of complexity / acceleration of troubleshooting
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience
- Architecture modelling / solution design skills
- Good understanding of the application & infrastructure architecture standards and components
- Ability to resolve operational issues
- Code review, software refactoring, performance analysis
- Platforms: Linux, Windows
- Languages: JAVA, SQL, Shell script, XML etc.
- Middleware: Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP, IIS, Informatica etc.
- Webservices: SOAP, REST etc.
- Databases: Oracle, MSSQL
- Data Exchange: SMB, SSH/SFTP, NFS
- Security concepts, encryption, SSL certificate handling and authentication (SSO, AD, LDAP)
- Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment and Build Tools Knowledge (e.g. Maven, Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SONAR, SVN, GIT, Bitbucket)
- Monitoring knowledge (Nagios/Icinga, AppDynamics, Service Tracer)
Functional Skills & Methodology
- Collaborative & parallel working style
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- GxP / qualification skills
- Project execution skills & agile methodology
- Solution design for applications is consistent and tailored to the business needs while in line with enterprise architecture guidelines
- R&D applications are reliable, performant and maintainable having minimal service degradation/outage due to inefficient application design
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com