A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform all routine and relevant laboratory techniques in compliance with BioReliance regulatory standards. Maintain and operate all laboratory equipment with some troubleshooting, as required. Perform various cell culture operations for biosafety testing. Maintains thorough records in addition to peer review of batch records. Responsible for generating deviations as required and participating in resolving investigations with support of other team members. Maintains a standard up keep of the facility through daily cleaning. Actively performs equipment and general housekeeping daily checks and notify relevant personnel of any issues. Initiates and completes projects independently, including troubleshooting during routine laboratory activities.
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Required to wear lab garment/gown (protect against lab chemicals)
- Attendance may be required for after hours and weekends.
- Must be flexible in accommodating availability of lab work as per Laboratory Schedule. This means the employee may be required to start either early morning or may need to stay late evening to complete the lab work.
- Weekend work may be required on a per needed basis.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, etc. – OR - Associate’s Degree in Life Science discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, etc. plus 2+ years laboratory experience
- Basic skills in applicable computer programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works well in a team-based environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.