A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is the Life Science division of Merck KGaA of Germany. The Lab Water Business Field, part of the Lab Solutions business unit within MilliporeSigma, is looking for an engineer to provide design and engineering support to the sales and service organizations. The position will be based at the MilliporeSigma facility in Burlington, MA.
The Lab Water Business Field provides a broad range of water purification products and services based on market leading technologies, designs, and procedures to a variety of laboratories including research, quality and clinical laboratories. This position will provide design and engineering support to the sales organization in the preparation of high level, professional custom water system proposals and to the service organization to ensure a best in class installation. Will be working closely with and under the guidance of the Custom Water Systems Group Manager and a Senior Engineer. The position will Provide engineering/design/quotation support to application sales specialists for custom lab water system opportunities. Provide installation preparation and installation support to field service engineers for custom system installs. Provide project management support for custom system opportunities including documentation preparation, installation preparation and coordinating ordering of custom equipment and parts. Provide ongoing technical and trouble-shooting support to new custom system installations and the custom systems installed base including coordinating support between customer, technical service, service and in-house custom systems support.
Who You Are:
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering OR an Engineering Associates degree combined with 2 years of engineering/design/quotation support to application sales specialists for water system/water distribution loop systems
- 1+ years of experience working with 2D level with AutoCAD software or similar design/drawing software.
- 1+ years of engineering fundamentals coupled with a hands-on practical sensibility of engineering design
- A sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals coupled with a hands-on practical sensibility of engineering design.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and be able to interact effectively with people across different organizations.
- Knowledge/Experience in the fields of fluid dynamics, filtration and water purification technologies and system design highly valued.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/tasks also highly valued.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is highly desirable.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.