A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this role you will provide confidential, executive level administrative support to top management within the Global Business Development and Alliance Management organization. While working in a multi-cultural environment, your responsibilities will include proactively planning and executing all administrative and support needs of the Office; providing the highest quality of flawless support with the utmost professionalism, engagement and confidentiality. You will provide administrative support in all interactions with global and local colleagues. One of the main areas of focus will be calendar management for the Senior Vice President inclusive of scheduling key meetings with top executives, leadership team meetings, full team meetings, all logistics, presentation coordination and meeting pre-reads, etc. You will need to demonstrate a high level of clear decision making and knowledge of the BD key projects and importance of such when conflicts arise. Other areas of focus are travel, expenses, conference registrations, and being able to adapt in a fast-pace work, always changing global business environment.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in an administrative role
- HS diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working with a C-Suite Senior-level Manager
- 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office Software
- Experience working in SAP
- Experience working in Concur
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion
- Must be flexible with work schedule in order to accommodate the varying volume of work requests
- College degree a plus
- Team player with professional and pleasant attitude and collaborative work style
- Proven organizational skills: ability to multi-task and a high attention to quality and detail
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
- Ability to continuously demonstrate company core values including transparency, courage and respect
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.