A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Shift: This is a day shift opportunity – 6:00am to 6:00pm, on a rotating days basis which includes every other weekend.
We are a 24/7 Packaging operation that supports the packaging of research grade products through cGMP products. Perform packaging operations per approved packaging procedures which can include the following:
- Perform routine hand weighing packaging processes for stock and custom orders
- Set up and run equipment such as the drum massager or other ergonomic equipment.
- Maintain equipment, clean work areas, restock supplies, and prepare material for waste disposal.
- Communicate the status of the operations to coworkers and bring deviations to the attention of the supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines. This consists both of paperwork and logbooks.
- Take necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Safety and quality are primary expectations and use PPE such as safety shoes, respirators, safety glasses and gloves to protect employees from the products and hair nets, beard covers (if applicable), tyvek suits, and shoe covers to protect the products from us.
- The employee must be able to work with heavy drums of material; moving drums on and off pallets that exceed 150kg while wearing PPE.
Who You Are:
- High school course work in chemistry or 6 months chemistry related work experience is preferred.
- Basic math skills—including metrics and conversion
- Strong communication skills, legible handwriting, reading comprehension
- Ability to work in teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.