A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Work closely with leadership and architects to envision and maintain a roadmap of System Infrastructure capabilities, aligned with the emerging digital bioprocessing strategy
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain one or more infrastructure platform reference frameworks, supporting both Information and Operational Technologies
- Actively engage with the Solution team, Systems Engineering, and Scrum teams, sharing technical knowledge, identifying their needs, and delivering platform solutions to support application development.
- Help integrate different components of our infrastructure to work together, including building in security and networking best practices
- Lead efforts to continuously improve the delivery and maintenance of infrastructure including the application of automation to create system packages and deploy them with speed and consistency
- Bring technical knowledge and hands-on systems, platforms and CI/CD experience with integrated embedded and IoT systems
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Related Fields, Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 15 years of systems infrastructure and engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience as a technologist or architect, preferably in an Agile environment
- In depth working knowledge of the Microsoft stack, and in automating platform builds and deployments
- At least 3 years of experience designing, implementing and managing a mixed (physical and virtual) Windows environment of 100s of servers
- Experience in Hyper-V and VMware virtualization technologies
- Experience in PowerShell or other scripting languages would be highly desirable
- Experience in containerization would be highly desirable
- Experience in handling computer hardware and configuration.
- Experience in the Life Science domain is preferable, but not required
- Technical knowledge in commercial Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems like Delta-V, Wonderware, iFix etc.
- Experience in handling and configuration of Industrial PC, Embedded Controllers, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) like Allen Bradley, Siemens, Wago etc.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.