Job Description for Planning Specialist
Supply Planning –
- Convert demand plan into supply plan for locally toll manufactured products for Research & Applied division.
- Independently handle material requirement generation based on forecast of various products.
- Monitoring safety stocks and re-order levels at central warehouse and CFA’s, so as to keep inventory level under budget directives.
- Conduct review and follow up meeting with toll manufacturing to ensure supplies as per committed dates.
- Generate supply chain KPI reports related to supply plan for weekly and monthly supply chain dashboards.
- Monitoring slow moving and obsolescence inventory.
- Ensure correct master data is maintained in SAP as per standards.
- Back up team members during leaves, emergencies to ensure routine work and business is not impacted.
- As first point of contact work with APAC and other countries to convert export requirements into supply plan for entire Life Science Business.
- Work internally within SCM to ensure correct order booking as per PO, manufacturing teams for timely delivery of material, EXIM for freight calculation and final delivery to customers
Communication with stakeholders –
- Work closely with CE team to ensure delivery dates are communicated to business. Answer queries from sales team regarding product lead times and availability dates on case to case basis
- Provide quotation, transfer price details, status updates and any other document required for export countries
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Inventory management
- MS Office