A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You manage a laboratory supporting pharmaceutical R&D for small molecules by providing physico-chemical data. This includes solubility, dissolution, partition coefficients, acid-base constants as well as assessment of vehicles for animal studies.
You provide analytical data on a routine basis in a timely and cost-efficient way. You interact closely with multidisciplinary project teams and support their specific needs. The teams come from different disciplines such as drug substance manufacturing, drug product development, pharmacokinetics and regulatory affairs.
You develop new analytical approaches within the field of physicochemical characterization working closely together with colleagues in the department. Therefore, you closely interact with colleagues working in R&D within Merck.
You have a good network within the scientific community which allows you to scout for new approaches within the field of physico-chemical characterization in the pharmaceutical environment.
Who you are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Pharmacy or related areas
- Profound job experience of minimum 5 years within a laboratory environment and substantial experience in supervising a team
- In depth knowledge about pharmaceutical R&D processes with a focus on biopharmaceutics physicochemical-characterization and preformulation
- Collaborative, passionate and enthusiastic personality with ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Fluent spoken and written German and English
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com