A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking to hire an Associate Senior Scientist in the Reference Materials R&D Innovation Department at its Cerilliant Corporation site in Round Rock TX. The Cerilliant site manufactures high quality quantitative chemical reference standards for a diverse group of industries including forensic/toxicology, clinical/toxicology, clinical chemistry, pharmaceuticals, natural health products, environmental and food. The Innovation Department is responsible for new product and capabilities development to support growth of the business.
In this role, you will be responsible for performing method and product development in support of new products and innovation pipeline with particular emphasis on pharmaceutical standards and testing. You will work collaboratively with the R&D and manufacturing teams across departments on multiple aspects of product design, method development, tech-transfer and testing. You must be motivated to both learn from others, and effectively transfer knowledge and processes to others.
All work is performed in compliance with Cerilliant quality and safety policies, and good housekeeping practices.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or other related Science discipline with 3+ years laboratory experience or MS in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or other related Science discipline
- Master’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or other related Science discipline with 3+ years industry experience or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline
- Knowledge of HPLC method development
- Experience with Pharmacopoeial methods, requirements and GMP
- Demonstrated motivation, ability to learn new techniques, and to collaborate well with others
- Experience working under regulated quality system requirements for GMPs, GLPs, ISO and other regulatory requirements
- Experience with product development
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical testing applications and customer requirements preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage your time and to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact and collaborate with peers are critical to success in this role.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.