A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Provide technical leadership to the existing Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) network for Drug Substance (DS). Be responsible to further develop MSAT DS organization in the manufacturing network and represent the MSAT DS organization at all levels in the future. Direct projects, develop and implement initiatives to continuously improve DS manufacturing capabilities and provide effective cross-functional collaborations and communications. Provide scientific and technical expertise to all functions involved in DS manufacturing, including CMC teams for commercialized products. Provide technical leadership for the drug substance manufacturing operations, TT activities and life cycle management projects. Lead or participate in various cross-functional and/or cross site technical projects and teams related to DS manufacturing. Develop strategies and be accountable for ensuring scale-down and characterization of DS existing manufacturing processes to ensure their robust and capability/consistency. Develop and lead innovation, best practices and solutions for the drug substance manufacturing network in collaboration with our production, process development and quality functions. Lead or support complex trouble shooting, product impact assessments and process/product improvement activities in the DS manufacturing network. Foster collaboration across the DS manufacturing network to develop harmonized business processes and tools related to DS manufacturing support, TT and manufacturing innovation. Represent the company in DS related industry consortiums and coordinate associated activities
Who you are
- Degree in Life Science/Engineering required, advanced degree (Ph.D) preferred having 10 years of experience in the pharma industry, inc. 5+ years of expertise in the drug substance manufacturing (preferred) or development
- Strong technical expertise in drug substance manufacturing of biologics for the relevant unit operations including: cell banking; upstream (fed-batch perfusion processes)/downstream processing
- Profound knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines, cGMP and validation practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to support and improve our production capabilities
- Expertise on PAT automated feedback control for upstream processes would be a plus
- Excellent skills in writing, oral, interpersonal communication and presentation (English); German, French or Italian would be considered as a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com