A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The cGMP Senior Associate Production Scientist is an experienced individual responsible for the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and excipients regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are responsible for following manufacturing protocols consistent with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ensuring the accuracy of documentation. They will be a technical leader on the manufacturing floor.
The cGMP Senior Associate Production Scientist will also play a role in manufacturing support functions, such as authoring/ editing procedures and Batch Records, training employees, working with a cross-functional team to ensure compliance with Safety and Quality protocols, and interfacing with customers as needed during the manufacturing process.
- Night Shift position.
- Chemical environment-Must be able to perform tasks while wearing personal protective equipment such as respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods.
- May require occasional lifting and pushing of up to 80 pounds.
Who you are:
- BS or BA degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related life science.
- 1 year of Industrial or Lab Experience in a GMP environment preferred
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Process techniques and unit operations.
- Analytical techniques and equipment.
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.