A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Do you work fast, ask great questions, and soak up new information like a sponge? Are you brilliant with typography, iconography, color, space and branding? Are you ready for new challenges with a dynamic life science company?
MilliporeSigma is looking for an energetic, curious and motivated visual designer. In this position, you’ll work with other inhouse creatives and business clients to deliver meaningful design solutions for a wide variety of corporate and marketing projects.
We are a science company and love to tell stories about science. If you don’t have a science background, that’s ok! We just hope you are as passionate about science as we are and willing to learn. Our brand is fun, bold and vibrant and we’re looking for someone who wants to know the brand inside and out… driving it through our projects successfully. Sound interesting? Want to know more?
Support company projects by providing creative strategies and visual design work that promotes consistent branding into various channels. Collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Traffic Managers to meet the needs of internal customers, managing creative projects from concept to completion. Create visually engaging and functional mobile and Web designs/layouts for internal clients. Interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization to understand their project needs and translate the information into effective designs to meet project goals. Responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and branding.
- Collaborates with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Traffic Managers to meet the needs of internal customers.
- Manages creative projects from concept to completion, creating visually engaging and functional mobile and Web designs/layouts for internal clients.
- Interacts with colleagues at all levels of the organization to understand their project needs and translate the information into effective designs to meet project goals.
- Evaluates and executes on designs intended for SigmaAldrich.com and EMDMillipore.com / MerckMillipore.com
- Create landing page wireframes, email marketing assets, banners and other digital collateral.
- Communicates design concepts and the decisions behind the work.
- Creates final optimized production graphics, layouts, presentations, and multi-media ensuring that all materials meet current corporate graphic standards.
- Provides creative and artistic input/direction on projects.
- Produce error-free work in a fast-paced environment, applying editing and proofreading skills to every project.
- Defines, writes, and communicates new standards following updates to design materials.
- Adheres to company and department process standards, file management and review requirements.
- Utilizes project management techniques to keep projects on track.
- Keeps abreast of new software and techniques in the industry, utilizing training programs and materials available.
- Provides proposals for additional opportunities/resources to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
Who you are:
- BS/BA in Design field with an emphasis in Digital Design required.
- 3-5 years professional experience required in Ad Agency and/or Corporate design environments.
Mix of agency and corporate experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in branding, illustration, iconography, infographics, wireframing.
- Ability to work in HTML5 and CSS3 a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office365 and online collaborative software.
- Proficiency with Mac and PC platforms.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Shows determination to stay current with industry trends and innovations.
- Ability to perform well in both individual and team environments.
- Self-managing, deadline driven.
- Exhibits a positive attitude, strong work ethic, neatness and punctuality.
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion to meet deadlines.
- The position will report into an L3 within Studio M, Life Science Creative Services Team. No positions report into this position.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.