A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Shift: 10:30am – 7:00pm (Monday – Friday)
This purpose of this function is to perform warehouse functions, prepare materials for shipments and provide a safe transport of chemicals, supplies and equipment while ensuring compliance with all regulations. Responsibilities include retrieving material and prepare for shipment and receive and locate product in the warehouse. Perform the receiving and systems-load functions for purchased products. Consolidate product and perform location maintenance. Perform cycle counts, location and product audits. Resolve Inventory Discrepancies. Pack Domestic and International SAFC, Truck, and Dry Ice shipments.
- Working in extreme cold at times (Coolers and Freezers - throughout the shift)
- Using “operator-up” equipment (May routinely handle material 16 feet in the air)
- Respirator and other protective equipment for spill clean up
- Must wear OSHA approved safety glasses and steel-toed shoes
- Bump caps and gloves must be worn while performing certain tasks
- Lifting of heavy, awkward objects weighing up to 100 pounds
- Walking, Bending, Kneeling, Stooping, Climbing ladders, on/off Equipment
- Scoop Ice frequently (4-20 pounds)
- Move pallets and Ice tubs up to 1500 pounds with manual or electric pallet jack
- Use powered or manual strapping and wrapping machine
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of warehouse experience
- Material handling knowledge
- Good Math Skills
- PC Skills
- RFHS Skills
- Good Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
- HAZMAT, MSDS and DOT Knowledge
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.