A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Team Lead in packaging, you will lead and coordinate packaging technicians in all aspects of filling, capping, torqueing, and labeling of products done in an ISO 13485 environment.
Oversee packaging operations ranging from large scale bulk pumping and transfer to small scale bench top filling with a pipette. Many of your products will require filtration and aseptic handling techniques. Play a key role in the training and development of packaging staff. Ensure documentation is accurate and timely. Perform SAP transactions as needed to keep orders moving. Utilize your expertise in manual and automated packaging to help troubleshoot equipment and processes. Lead and champion automation and operational excellence projects to enhance the safety, quality, and productivity of the packaging operation.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3+ years of Chemical packaging or scientific/laboratory experience required
- 1+ year experience in ISO 13485 and/or ISO 9001 environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot automated and semi-automated filling, capping, and labeling equipment
- Good time management/organizational skills
- Deep understanding of ISO and GMP requirements
- Strong computer skills including SAP and Microsoft Office
- Ability to train others and work in a team setting
- Mechanical skills with ability to use pumps, electronic balances, and material handling equipment
- Experience leading lean manufacturing or operational excellence projects desired
- Advanced math skills including metrics and conversions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.