A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking to hire an Operational Product Manager in the Reference Materials R&D at its Laramie Wyoming location. The Laramie site manufactures high quality pharmaceutical reference standards.
Manage a portfolio of Reference Material products, with the primary responsibility of being the go-to Product Management contact for interfaces at the US Laramie site.
Ensure product availability, manage costs of goods, and deliver on assigned tasks in innovation projects according to plan. The individual in this role needs to build an effective network with Operations, Supply Chain, QA/QC, Regulatory/EQ and Franchise/Strategy to ensure that all relevant connections to stakeholders are in place. He/she will handle all operational aspects of the product manager responsibility relating to product life cycle management, as well as ensure effectiveness and efficiency of internal processes, in support of the Reference Materials business under Advanced Analytical.
- Manage all relevant internal and operational tasks for product life cycle management, being the interface for internal interfaces like ISCO, Reg Affairs, EQ, Operations, Franchise, Procurement.
- Initiate and monitor development and implementation of manufacturing strategies with Supply Chain and Operations to ensure cost-effective product availability. Strategies include Make or Buy decisions, make-to-order or make-to-stock, manufacturing locations, etc.
- Be the globally responsible product owner for the portfolio; become the product expert for the respective product range
- Interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes and services
- Maintain product master data and product documentation, manage product deletion in the obsolescence process
- Support new product rollouts and the delivery of innovation projects according to plan, liaise in R&D projects to support production transfer
- Operationally support PDP (product development process) line extensions and optimization
- Project member/lead in projects such as product or process improvement, NPI, Branding implementation, packaging/labels, manufacturing consolidation or transfer, custom requests
- S&OP process: be the partner for questions during demand, production and supply planning
- Liaise with Compliance/Safety, EQ for regulatory questions around products.
- Be the go-to person for Production in case of technical or service questions around products
- Technical 3rd line support for Customer Service, Tech Service, etc. for product questions and quality complaints
- Raw material qualification, risk mitigation for critical material
- Maintenance of reports – cost analysis, backorder analysis, slow/no movers, demand planning, measure supply performance (KPIs)
- Review stock levels and distribution, decide on corrective actions in case of variances
- Review cost variances and cost allocations in logistics etc., provide guidance to Controlling
- Be the go-to person for Web related corrective actions, communicate to Franchise PM, MarCom
Who You Are:
- We are looking for a results-driven individual with a Science degree and over 5 years of work experience in the Analytical field. The ideal candidate will possess:
- An understanding of the reference materials market and product quality expectations
- Expertise relating to certified reference materials for the pharma and environmental sectors
- A track record of successful collaboration in cross-functional teams, coupled with an (internal and external) customer-centric approach
- The ability to make data-driven decisions; prioritize and juggle multiple projects; solve complex problems and simplify/improve processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of SAP and prior work experience in Project Management, or Product Management, or Technical Service would be considered distinct advantages.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.