A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
BioReliance Validation Services, Laboratory Assistant
In this dynamic role, you will be primarily responsible for coordinating the incoming and outgoing shipment of all packages in the laboratory area. Types of packages include, but are not limited to, pharmaceutical products from customers, lab supplies and consumables, and hazardous waste elimination. Additionally, you will manage the coordination and maintenance of all customer product storage areas. Comprehensive, accurate tracking and maintenance of all customer products both physically and electronically is vital in supporting the various validation testing laboratories and project managers. As such, communication is also critical in this role, including relaying and obtaining information to and from validation project managers, laboratory staff members, and laboratory management.
- Manage receipt of customer samples, including proper record keeping and handling.
- Ensure all samples are stored safely, in accordance with safety data sheet information, and in an organized manner.
- Maintain purchasing of laboratory supplies and standards, as requested by laboratory staff members and laboratory management.
- Receive all laboratory consumables and standards from suppliers. Store all laboratory supplies in designated areas and keep stock room organized.
- Return customer product to customer or eliminate as waste, as needed, following all applicable safety, environmental, and transportation guidelines.
- Practice all safety precautions as required in the laboratory area, including appropriate personal protective equipment and reading and understanding of product safety data sheets.
Who You Are:
- Strong organization skills and the ability to keep work area and all inventory/storage areas clean and free of clutter
- Clear communicator, working in a team environment and interfacing with various departments
- A team player, willing to assist all areas of the laboratory as needed, where qualified
- Curiosity and drive to succeed: individually and as a team; willingness to learn and lead by doing
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com