A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the Packaging Technician will stage, fill (manually or semi-automatically), cap, label and overpack liquid and powder products per approved packaging specifications while utilizing all required safety equipment. This work will take place in humidity monitored controlled areas. To perform these duties, the Packaging Technician will be required to manually torque caps with wrenches as necessary; set up and operate automated machinery, hand label and overpack bottles for transportation. Safety procedures must be followed at all times including the use of personal protective equipment when appropriate. The candidate will also complete appropriate packaging documentation per ISO procedures and deliver products to inventory.
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in proximity to hazardous chemicals and human source materials.
- Ability to wear a Full-Face respirator, protective gloves, safety shoes, apron rubber, and Tyvek suits
- Ability to wear safety glasses during entire shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with lifting equipment
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Related packaging, industrial, or scientific/laboratory experience or training desired.
- 2+ years in packaging, industrial, or scientific laboratory environment
- 2+ years of automated equipment operation experience required
- Experience with safe chemical handling methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient PC skills. Ability to work with either a PC or an iPad.
- Mechanical skills including the ability to use pumps, electronic balances, and material handling equipment
- Ability to train others and work in a team setting
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Math skills including metrics and conversions
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to work mandatory overtime as required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.