A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The ‘Lab Separation & Workflow Tools’ Product Management Operations department is a service-oriented team focused on supporting a global Product Management team’s Life Science Research portfolio. Our aim is to specialize in the backend systems and product needs of our Product Managers and Operations business partners. In this role you will Manage our team’s master data and related data processes. Generate download queries (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Business Objects, MS Access); develop data mining analysis strategies; and coordinate data optimization with data owners. Analyze Data Systems; responsible for independent analysis of business systems; document best practices; identify improvements and demonstrate self-direction to drive upgrades. Lead the training of new Product Managers on data systems/processes. Develop and direct a PM-Ops led process of New Item Creation in our ERP environment. Reporting: compile master data from various systems, utilizing discretion to create reports/dashboards in support of strategic direction and measurable outcomes for tracking progress. Perform other related job responsibilities associated with the support of the Lab Separations Workflow Tools product portfolio. Travel requirements: 10%
Position can be located in Burlington, MA or St louis MO office
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years prior experience in a business environment
- 5+ years prior experience in a business environment working in Marketing or Operations preferred.
- A strong understanding of large data handling. Strong analytical and quantitative data analysis skills required.
- Ability to generate detailed analysis and convert to a concise summary both written and verbally.
- Successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to coordinate and direct projects; enjoys both independent work, and “hands-on” role in team projects.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team environment; includes the ability to work with geographically remote teams.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in personal computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications (Microsoft Office platform preferred).
- Relational database experience preferred; ability to build correct relationships between data sets, preferably in MS Access.
- Ability to proactively identify data/process issues and develop solutions to complex problems; a high level of attention to detail required.
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.