A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the North American Chief Compliance Officer, this role will provide support and advice on a broad range of matters relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, including product development, intellectual property, commercial agreements, licensing and compliance. You will work within a collegial and collaborative legal team and contribute by providing Compliance insights. You have a practical business-minded approach and have the ability to manage a number of competing priorities. You thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has the ability to contribute at a high level within a collaborative culture.
- Provide advice and technical guidance with respect to compliance with the various laws, rules, regulations, codes and guidelines that govern the pharmaceutical industry
- Anticipate and assess risks (in both the internal and external environments); develop and administer corresponding policies and control processes.
- Provide interpretation and analysis of compliance related matters; participate in preparation for annual internal audit events; and manage compliance investigations, as required.
- Assist with and advise on all compliance matters including those relating to marketing, business development, alliance management, market access, communications and life cycle management.
- Manage and work collaboratively with external counsel.
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate and law degree
- Currently licensed to practice law in Canada
- JD and advance degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience within a law firm and/or in-house
- Pharmaceutical sciences experience is highly preferred
- Experience in business and product acquisitions and intellectual property licensing
- Personable and able to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Strong influencing skills: the individual should have a collaborative working style, be diplomatic and an effective communicator
- A self-starter, with the drive to achieve goals and a willingness to be accountable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent drafting skills and proficiency in the development, documentation and communication of analytical plans
- Experience in understanding business needs, incorporating understanding into deliverables, and ensuring recommendations/results are implemented
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.