A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role This is a highly visible and strategic role in which you will be responsible for actively participating and representing Company's Life Science in relevant China Food Safety standardization bodies and industry associations. You will actively participate in regulatory bodies and industry working groups, establish advocacy concepts in close collaboration with internal and external interfaces, expand food safety relationships to customers, and ensure efficient regulatory marketing support by selecting and managing relevant internal and external resources and partnerships to regulatory bodies, key customers and content providers.
As a company's advocate and influencer, you will define the regulatory marketing strategy including regulatory based publications, lead associated service development projects as a subject matter expert (ie. GB food safety standard collaborative studies and approvals), ensure new product compliance by acting as a consultant during innovation process, broaden workflow knowledge of Food Safety and provide guidance and input for targeted applications and study design, support training internally and externally including required content and materials, provide scientific writing and publications (webinar, app note, etc.), and accelerate market positioning by establishing and providing concept and content for regulatory marketing campaigns.
You will lead regulatory watch and support new product compliance for Food Safety, monitor and report on changes of relevant regulatory and compliance environment with impact on Life Science business in testing area, analyze available regulatory and compliance information, identify key industry trends and anticipate, communicate, and mitigate (when possible) impact on our testing business, establish metrics to measure performance of target activities, and monitor competitor approach regarding regulatory requirements and product offerings
Who you are:
- BSc in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or comparable
- >10 years of experience in Food Safety and familiar with the most important analytical methods and QA/QC workflows
- Knowledgeable of food & beverage as well as drug regulations and regulatory landscape of other important country/regions (eg. EU, US etc)
- Direct experience with relevant Food Safety KOL/Policies/Guidance (CIQ, CDC, FDA, GB food safety standard committee etc.)
- Approximately 50% of time travel
- Very strong interaction with multiple locations and ability to travel to them
- MSc or PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or comparable
- Good understanding of Food Safety target markets, excellent understanding of applications used in markets and regulatory requirements
- Good process understanding of internal & external customer needs
- Strong sense of urgency, result oriented, excited to learn and develop new skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Public speaking and scientific writing
Functional area: Commercial
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com