A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Deliver through different channels high quality professional responses to all medical inquiries from healthcare providers, patients and internal customers that are medically and scientifically accurate, timely, balanced, and are adapted to customers' needs.
- Act as back-up role and participate in the on-call duty system
- Set-up standardized answers for FAQ (frequently asked questions) in collaboration with Global Medical Information, local (UK) Medical Managers and Medical Science Liaisons.
- Handle all received questions for further processing, ensuring all regulatory and business requirements are met, and in line with local SOP (e.g. PV, Quality complaints,..)
- Support the business with feedback and specific monitoring of FAQ in a monthly report and for ad hoc analyses
- Support the Medical Information Manager in the execution of plans for a continuous improvement of the department (industry and MI developments, PIPA standards and updates from DIA)
- Support the Medical Information Manager for the implementation and/or improvement of processes to ensure compliance with all UK regulatory guidelines and company SOPs, ensuring internal audit and inspection readiness
- Develop briefing documents/ key clinical data summaries for salesforce in collaboration with marketing and medical teams
- Advise medical and marketing teams on latest relevant data and of the potential impact to our business
- Conduct Code of Practice (technical) review of promotional and non-promotional material and activities to ensure scientific accuracy and compliance with local legal regulations.
- Support the Medical Managers in development of content for meetings/training programmes
- Deliver basic product training (SmPC) Training to new relevant starters in medical department when requested
- Support the training of new starters in the company on Medical information services and basic product knowledge
- Input into Global and local Medical Information projects
- Drive the local introduction of Global Medical Information digital initiatives
Who you are:
- University degree in pharmacy or life science eg pharmacology or biochemistry
- Proven level of skill, competence and accountability in previous Medical Information roles within the Pharmaceutical Industry or NHS.
- Good knowledge of ABPI and IPHA codes of practise
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- The ability to accurately interpret data and express findings in a logical, clear and concise manner.
- Meticulous and high attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office packages.
- Team work
- Results / deadline orientated Proactive
- Customer orientated – both Internal and External
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com