A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The laboratory SM-AL3 uses liquid chromatographic techniques such as (U) HPLC, SEC / GPC, SFC, IC, (HP) TLC, 2D-LC and others coupled with various detection techniques ((HR) MS, DAD / UV, ELSD, RI, MALS, PAD ...) to accompany research projects. We develop analytical methods, carry out measurements, support troubleshooting projects, isolate unknown ancillary compounds for structure elucidation and carry out larger-scale preparative separations. Our clients come from all business areas of the company. It works as a highly client-oriented scientific consulting partner, currently expanding into various biotech related topics.
In your role as a scientific expert you independently coordinate projects in the laboratory, in the department and with the clients. You use your broad expertise in chromatographic techniques and analytical chemistry to develop innovative solutions and establish new, relevant techniques in the laboratory. You coordinate with the laboratory manager and the other scientific and technical personnel. The visit of internal and external conferences and cooperation partners is also one of your tasks.
- PhD in analytical chemistry, biotechnology, chemical biology, bio analytics or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in analytical R&D lab in life science, biotech or pharma
- Sound knowledge of analytical, ideally also preparative, liquid chromatography and various detection methods (experience in molecular or cell biology is advantageous)
- Self-starting, solution-oriented and open for new challenges in combination with excellent technical expertise and technical communication skills
- Good written and spoken English knowledge.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com