A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Performance Materials the Pilot Plant Chemist will be responsible for executing process development and process improvement projects. He/she will perform sample generation for new and existing products and processes, which includes small scale coating & finishing operations and scale them up to the Pilot Plant. The Pilot Plant Chemist will safely operate all lab and pilot plant equipment for either Pilot Plant trials or small-scale production batches while ensuring that all procedures/guidelines are followed in an efficient and timely manner and abide by all safety/environmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or other Science or Engineering discipline and 3+ years’ experience in a chemical testing or processing laboratory or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or other Science or Engineering discipline
- Experience in a chemical testing and processing laboratory, preferably in preparative as well as analytical chemistry.
- Experience in safely operating Pilot Plant or small-scale Production equipment.
- Statistics and quality management tools are a plus
- Several semesters of chemical laboratory coursework
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to work with typical office computer software, understand and work mathematically with chemical formulations and problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.