A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking to hire a Senior Scientist in the Workflow Development R&D Department at its Cerilliant Corporation site in Round Rock TX. The Cerilliant site manufactures high quality quantitative chemical reference standards for a diverse group of industries including forensic/toxicology, clinical/toxicology, clinical chemistry, pharmaceuticals, natural health products, environmental and food. The Workflow Team is responsible for design and development of workflows, products and applications to support growth of MilliporeSigma’s Analytical business.
In this role, you will be responsible for analytical workflow, application, and product design and development. You will work collaboratively with the R&D, marketing, commercial teams and customers on multiple aspects of design, method development, and testing. You must be motivated to both learn from others, and effectively transfer knowledge and processes to others.
All work is performed in compliance with MilliporeSigma quality and safety policies, and good housekeeping practices.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline with 3+ years analytical testing and mass spectrometry experience or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline with 10+ years’ experience in food testing and LC-mass spectrometry or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline with 8+ years food testing and LC-mass spectrometry experience or PhD in Biochemistry or other related Science discipline with 7+ years food testing and LC-mass spectrometry experience
- Expertise in method development for food testing applications
- Experience with method validation and technology transfer
- Demonstrated motivation, ability to learn new techniques, and to collaborate well with others
- Experience working under regulated quality system requirements such as GMPs, GLPs, ISO, CLIA and other regulatory requirements
- Experience with product development
- Experience with leading and coaching teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage your time and to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact and collaborate with peers are critical to success in this role.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.