A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Performance Materials, the R&D Scientist will work with a team of curious scientists providing advanced material solutions to the semiconductor industry. He/she will be a part of a group that is at the forefront of technology, working with all the leading semiconductor manufacturers to deliver integrated solutions to the most challenging problems.
The scope of this position is advanced research into new materials, customization of each application and intensive customer support. The task involves managing and leading projects and being a key contact person for management and peers alike.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Molecular Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related Science or Engineering discipline with 3+ years’ experience in chemical synthesis and physical characterization of polymers or Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Molecular Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related Science or Engineering discipline
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Molecular Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Previous experience and knowledge of DSA technology and advanced polymerization techniques is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform directed self-assembly (DSA) synthesis and lithography.
- Understand lithography and directed self-assembly of block copolymers and address issues via material design and litho-processes optimization.
- Proven ability to manage projects and influence others without direct authority
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to travel within the US and Internationally as needed
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.