A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The BioMonitoring business field of MilliporeSigma Corporation is seeking an Application Specialist-Inside Sales to support the growth strategy in the microbiology quality control field, with a strong focus on food, beverage, and contract testing markets. BioMonitoring Sales is focused on supporting microbiology needs, particularly focused in regulated markets, such as food suppliers, manufacturing, processing facilities, testing laboratories, beverage manufacturers, pharmacy/hospital microbiology labs, and drinking water. Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Manager. The role requires submission of accurate quarterly forecast and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis. Prioritizing and managing territory, proactively pursuing and following up on sales opportunities for pathogen testing, bioburden, environmental monitoring, and rapid microbial technologies. Will work collaboratively with customer quality assurance and quality control groups, utilizing internal partners such as the Application Specialist-field sales, Field Marketing and Technology Specialists as necessary to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Deliver presentations as it relates to strategy and / or business review meetings and Plans of Action (POAs) at the territory and customer levels. Execute solid management skills in implementing and executing successful POAs that balance sales/business activities with customer needs, channel needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, and cross-business activities. Schedule, facilitate, execute and/or participate in seminars, tradeshows, and pricing promotions within the defined territory. Manage the sales channels (direct, distribution) within your territory. Manage effective pricing strategies/activities
Who You Are: The ideal candidate will be a scientist/microbiologist/molecular biologist with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of microbiology quality control for food safety, sample preparation, hygiene monitoring, rapid methods, validation of methods, regulatory requirements, and quality assurance with up to 3-years of sales experience. In addition, the ideal candidate is results-oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused in the midst of change, and works well on a team. This position is office-based and will be based at the Burlington, Massachusetts site. 20% travel required
- Associate degree in microbiology, molecular biology, food sciences or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of sales experience achieving/exceeding goals
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, molecular biology, food sciences related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience with technology implementation is a plus, OR combination of education and directly related experience
- Demonstrates business acumen and agility in the Food, Beverage, Contract (Reference) Testing Laboratory industries as it relates to the microbiology discipline.
- Skilled in achieving technical competency, product knowledge, understanding of work-flow and competitive landscape
- Familiarity with AOAC, food safety regulations, hygiene monitoring, EPA guidelines, and relevant United States Pharmacopeia chapters, with emphasis in quality control is a plus
- Proven success in establishing internal and external customer relationships at various decision-maker or influencer levels that demonstrates an understanding of the sales process
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results
- Skilled in preparing, communicating and implementing tactical business plans for territory and accounts, appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and sound judgment to prioritize issues or gaps in day-to-day activities such as channel management and customer fulfillment issues
- Demonstrated success in the adoption of electronic business tools such as Microsoft Office & Salesforce.com RSREMD
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.