A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are looking for a Group Master Data Manager who will be part of the Period-End-Close and Quality Processes team. Our team is in charge of the entire group reporting framework encompassing the financial and consolidation systems, data flow monitoring, implementation of the accounting principles and guidelines, as well as master data management. We are situated at the crossroads between the local Finance teams, Shared Services, Group Accounting, Controlling, Strategy/Projects and IT, bridging the gaps and enabling a functional end-to-end financial reporting process of the Merck group. As we are transforming and expanding our scope, we are looking for capable, motivated person to join us on our journey.
Your role in our team:
- You will own the Group Master Data System (memphis) E2E administration;
- You will maintain the Reporting Unit repository of the Group including onboarding and disposal of Subsidiaries, trading partners, changes, etc.;
- You will own the Group Reporting Position Plan administration and maintenance in collaboration with Group Accounting;
- You will manage the Reporting Position Plan and reporting hierarchy interfaces into the financial reporting systems;
- You will lead continual improvement initiatives in the related field as well as smaller scale projects within own field of work; take part in large-scale projects as master data expert as and if required;
- You will actively contribute your skills and knowledge to the E2E financial reporting process.
Who you are:
- You have a university degree in Business Administration, Information Management Systems, Logistics or a related field;
- You have a high degree of IT affinity: an in-depth experience of working with relational databases, ERP systems (ideally SAP, zetVisions), project software (MS Project); MS Office (Excel), Business Skype are a must;
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in project/process management, ideally in a leading role and/or including the master data field;
- You demonstrate a good understanding of the financial reporting principles and packages, charts of accounts and consolidation;
- You are a collaborative, energic, passionate self-starter willing to see uncertainties and non-defined terrain as an opportunity;
- You are willing to take over responsibility and are confident in interacting across all hierarchy levels including senior management;
- You are a team player with a high degree of self-confidence, able to challenge the status quo in a productive and forward-looking way;
- You are happy to work in a truly global structure with no immediate manager on site;
- You are fluent in English; German will also give you an advantage.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com