A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Location: ECity Bangalore
As a Senior Project Manager (PM) at Our Org’s IT, you will act as a communicator between IT and its senior business peers. You will analyze business inquiries, translate it into plan and action, staff project teams, consult technical teams, resolve issues, help architect the application landscape, ensure that scope, timeline, budget and quality are met. Ensuring all aspects of the project run smoothly and efficiently, you will identify project risks/issues and problem-solve to provide solutions for the team.
Your role will involve a high level of interaction with APAC, EU and US. You will be working in an agile framework together with Project Management Office (PMO), delivery managers, data engineers, data scientists, technical engineers, business partners and always execute at best performance and quality. You pride yourself on your attention to detail, organization skills and ability to build relationships cross-functionally.
You will coordinate the design, build and documentation of new analytics assets following the standards, practices and regulatory requirements provided by our Advanced Analytics team. You will build expertise about the latest state of the art hybrid enterprise cloud environment as well as innovative analytics technologies such as text mining, machine learning and AI. This includes the latest Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 3.1 powered by innovative technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Ranger, Elastic Search, Python, R, Shiny.
Your responsibilities encompass:
Ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone is doing their job properly.
- Prioritize, control timeline, budget and quality, create action and resource plans, drive tasks to successful execution.
- Make sure that all the aims of the project are met in quality, carry out risk assessment and help problem solving
- Assertive with customer needs, agreeing project objectives and team capacities.
- Liaise with recruiting specialists and sub-contractors, organize the various professional people working on a project
- Drive agility in project delivery, change management (RFCs) and continuous improvement.
- Layout presentations and reports for senior management based on facts and figures
- Manage knowledge and communications around projects and products (cabinet structure and content) and ensure knowledge transfers are followed through (people).
- Make a positive impact on the workplace environment and constantly seek evolution and innovation
Provide technical guidance to stakeholders, ensure standards and governance is followed through
- Build or migrate open-source cloud-based applications in a resource efficient manner
- Closely interact with Leaders, Project Managers, Project Delivery and Service units as well as with Merck’s business partners and Technical teams, set the agenda, reporting and communication standards
- Work with business stakeholders to identify new services and APIs that ensures consistency and integration with existing APIs and business capabilities
- Drive approval workflows (financial, IT, DPO, authorities), ensure approvals are in place before execution
- Understand and implement GxP and other policies as part of project plan, execution and go-lives
Who you are:
- Master degree in computer engineering, sciences or information technology and minimum 10+ years of post-graduate experience
- 10+ years of professional experience with Project and Program Management in Lifescience industry, banking, telecom or similar with strong focus on change management
- 10+ years of experience in IT infrastructure, database technology or software development in a regulated production environment preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years of leadership experience, showing a high degree of initiative and influence management skills, e.g. managing a program organization or teams
- Technical certification (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP,ITIL, LEAN, PMI, SDLC)
- Advanced understanding of system architecture and software design principles
- Proven ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced environment, ability to execute and ability to react quickly, problem solving mentality
- Experience leading and communicating international and cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with a self-starter mentality, exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Be resilient against push backs and excuses, but must be demanding and always present in front of stakeholders & IT partners
- Strong Excel worksheet skills; including formulas and data manipulation, working knowledge of Microsoft Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent in team play and communications, willingness to travel, fluent English is pre-requisite in spoken and written, Chinese speaking would be an advantage.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com