A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for project management of assigned client accounts ensuring that projects meet timelines and that all specifications of the project are fulfilled. The Contract Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for establishing, coordinating, and leading the project teams involved with their clients. The CPM utilizes Project Management methodologies and interpersonal skills in all phases of medium to high complexity projects.
Manage client accounts and projects as assigned ensuring clients are successfully engaged in BioReliance systems and processes.
The CPM is responsible for the following Knowledge areas of each Project: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Communications, Risk, and Procurement.
Responsibility also extends to establishing project schedule, communicating effectively to all stakeholders, maintaining a centralized file of key milestones and historical information. Accurately assemble, analyze and report metrics weekly around client service, quality and communication, both internally and externally. The CPM is responsible for monitoring and closing out assigned projects. Develops client relationships and raises the profile of key clients within the organization. The Contract Project Manager will work with QA, Orders Management, Sales and Lab Directors across sites and divisions to ensure a seamless service across the account.
- The Contract Project Manager should lead the technical training for their colleagues for their subject domain specialty. The Contract PM is the technical expert for new Project Managers and representing BioReliance to the clients.
- Initiates early discussions with the client (with minimal or with no supervision) to agree the program specifications and establishes a program team relevant to the nature of the client specific project. This team will include Project Managers for studies requiring dedicated project managers (e.g., clearance studies) as well as quality, operational staff and Account Managers.
- Enables study initiation via iNet and LIMS, resolving discrepancies, and client requirement verification
- Support order entry by obtaining the client’s purchase order and the signed quote with minimal or no supervision. In addition, the the CPM reviews the Rush Fee management, creates purchase orders for subcontractors and assists in the resolution of overdue invoices
- Coordinate resources, including subcontractors/external vendors in the execution of projects. Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors/external vendors while negotiating contracts with subcontractors/external vendors when applicable.
- Effective Hold Management knowledge and expertise (e.g., Resolution of pending purchase orders, closing information gaps, client requests and TAR discrepancies)
- Ensure projects are conducted within the scope and conditions of the Quality Service Agreement, Client Request List, Study Agreements and/or Quotes. Establishes the schedule of each project within the program to ensure timely completion. Communicates effectively with all involved in the program so that all relevant scheduling information is shared. Ensures the status of their accounts influences operational decisions. Works to relevant regulatory practices i.e. GLP/GMP.
- Manage each quality record per relevant SOPs, regulatory guidance and/or QA with the client. Highlight any issues that may lead to a client complaint to the PMO Lead and other critical stakeholders in the company. Also responsible for ensuring any complaints are dealt with through the formal complaints procedure.
- Accurate and timely documentation of forecast information in SFDC (for Toxicology, update SFDC with project status from onboarding to order entry) in addition to communication of milestones for Custom Projects into the S&OP demand capture (or equivalent)
- Develop client scorecards, group awareness sessions, seminars and/or group talks to share Client Experiences with internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for assembling, monitoring, analyzing and reporting on the progress of the project to the sponsor and stakeholders. Monitor project objectives, quality deliverables, and project performance. This is to ensure the project is on schedule, task deliverables are being met, and changes in the project are being managed. Define project tasks, plans and resource requirements using PMP/Global PMO tools such as the risk registers/FMEA, Gantt charts, Work Breakdown Structure. Use Standardized templates for meeting minutes, agenda, pre-meetings, risk register. Execute the project plans (communication, risk management etc) modify as needed.
- Responsible for hosting internal reviews of the program and working with other stakeholders in the program to drive “Alliance/Partnership” reviews with the client.
- Lead and participate in Project and Client meetings (internal and external). These would include Handover meetings, meetings dedicated to a specific project, validation prioritization. Client visits and alliance meetings. Business review meetings with the client. Internal business development meetings.
- Actively drive timely report finalizations; working with QAU, laboratory, report writers and/or study direction to finalize reports. Conduct Project Closeout meetings, ensure lessons learned from projects and new knowledge is captured and maintained. In addition, conduct Voice of the Customer sessions for selected projects.
- Responsible for evaluating assay results and/or any unexpected deviations from agreed timelines within the context of the project specification and coordinating corporate efforts to resolve the issues.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follows applicable safe work practices.
- Actively maintains a clean, tidy and safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post
Who You Are:
- B.S. in Life Sciences is required; M.S in the Life Sciences is preferred.
- Certification in Project Management (PMP) or on track to obtain certification within first year of employment.
- 5 or more years in a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO/CMO/CTO; Lab and/or QA experience is acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of Complete Pharmaceutical Drug Development Life cycle (or the management of the complete pharmaceutical drug development life cycle).
- Experience managing client-facing projects.
- Cross-functional team leadership experience.
- Solid information management (physical and virtual) skills.
- Proven project/program management skills (e.g., resource planning, schedule management, critical path planning, project team communication, and risk mitigation).
- Experience demonstrating good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective in dealing directly with clients, operational teams, and commercial colleagues, globally
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Language skills are beneficial
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication skills with complex information and priorities
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent information management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Powerpoint is preferable but not required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.