A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Associate Scientist, TIP - ImmunoOncology will be responsible for supporting ongoing preclinical translational research activities in immuno-oncology (IO) drug development. The incumbent will be a key contributor to translational efforts and delivery of scientific discoveries impacting decision-making. S/he will be responsible for identification and development of enrichment biomarkers for supporting clinical enrollment, and mechanistic and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to monitor target engagement. S/he will also be responsible for identification, development, and optimization of methods to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner, and independently execute designed experiments and interpret study observations.
The Associate Scientist will document all study results in the form of electronic lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents. The incumbent will also communicate findings to project teams. S/he will be responsible for bringing new assay/platform capabilities in house to support bioanalytical and biomarker analysis and provide technical expertise across platforms (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, ISH, IHC, NGS, imaging, flow cytometry) as needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or other related Science discipline with 1+ years’ experience in translational biomarker assay development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or other related Science discipline with 3+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience supporting translational research; industry experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and laboratory research experience in translational Oncology and/or Immuno-Oncology strongly preferred
- Excellent assay troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and evaluate cutting edge assay technologies
- Understanding of immunological readouts and their translation into early clinical trials is a major plus
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work independently as well as ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively
- Proficiency in data collection/documentation of study results in the form of electronic lab notebook.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.