A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will perform a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and/or experiments. You will maintain laboratory equipment and inventory for laboratory supplies. You will be responsible for media / buffer preparation following good documentation practices (GDP) for a contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO). You may be asked to set-up experiments, make detailed observations and input data using Microsoft Office software (Windows or Excel) for experiments performed to support client projects. You will perform limited trouble-shooting and calibration of instruments.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science or Biotechnology with 0- 2 years in the biopharmaceutical industry or Associates degree in related field with minimum of 2 years biopharmaceutical industry experience.
- Proven experience with good documentation practices, following protocols, batch records and experimental reports.
- Demonstrated experience with preparing buffers, working with industrial cell culture processes and processing methods in a dynamic lab environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must take initiative and be proactive at looking for, finding, reporting, recording and correcting a problem.
- Must take a high level of responsibility for each project from start to finish with follow through with the lead scientist as required.
- Be flexible to accommodate occasional weekend / holiday work.
- Good communication skills among group members, group managers, and project coordinators.
- Good organizational skills, must be able follow schedules and ensure project deadlines are not missed.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.