A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Operations Biochemist will work with immunoassay procedures, basic techniques in protein chemistry, biological reagent preparation and bioanalytical methods. Familiarity with statistical methods for evaluating assay performance and knowledge of how to troubleshoot manufacturing issues related to the preparation of assay kit components. The Operations Biochemist will prepare reagents in bulk for subsequent use in finished products. This position entails not only self-direction and technical competence but also coaching and mentoring skills.
The Biochemist will work to ensure the utilization of the production of new lots for Multiplex, ELISA, RIA, SMC products are manufactured in a timely, accurate and successful manner. Work with substantial discretion within broad guidelines. The Biochemist will assist in ensuring equipment/instrumentation is in proper working order and will make sure that appropriate training documentation is up to date.
The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach. Exposure to unknown biological agents, toxic or caustic biological needs. May be exposed to risk of low-level radiation. Working environment may require exposure to cold temperatures. Moderate noise level. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry or Biology with 3+ years of work experience within a life science manufacturing environment -OR- Master’s Degree with 1+ years of work experience within a life science manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of experience in performing all ordinary chemistry/biochemistry calculations such as conversion between units, molality, percent volume, percent mass, and required weights per product formulations.
- 2+ years of experience promoting and complying with Quality System requirements and CAPA knowledge and capabilities.
- 1+ years of experience promoting and complying with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Possess an understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. Solutions are imaginative, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Support Operational Excellence-Lean Six Sigma familiarity/training and ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Participates in determining objectives of assignments, plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Greenbelt/Blue belt training/certification preferred
- Ability to work well with department managers and staff to coordinate activities between various departments.
- Efficient, Innovative, Engaged, Initiative, Flexible, Versatility, Consistent, Reliable, Results-Oriented
- Able to mentor team members when asked
- Basic project management skills
- Experience working in protein chemistry and formulations.
- Experience in performing statistical analysis, interpreting data and presenting findings to team and/or management.
- Knowledgeable in immunoassay procedures, basic techniques in protein chemistry, biological reagent preparation and bioanalytical methods
- Ability to read and update SOP’s
- Able to understand when equipment or instrumentation is not in working order
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.