A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: In the heart of the EU, join our Governmental Affairs team for a renewable on year internship and be part of an exciting journey. Multicultural, Empowering and Inspiring are among the key words which have been shared with us to describe this team. In this role, you will be monitoring the political and health policy environment, and communicate health care policy information as it impacts on the company business. Your excellent communication and networking skills will allow you to build and maintain relationships with policy makers and influencers in Brussels (politicians, government officials, third party advocates, NGOs, academics, etc.), ensuring that our company' views and positions are addressed. As an instrumental liaising function, you will provide to senior executives timely access to external stakeholders. You will support internal functions in health policy topics and engage with stakeholders to understand environmental evolution and support the development and implementation of appropriate projects and programs (policy papers, disease awareness, advocacy programs etc.) associated with the Government & Public Affairs strategy.
Who you are:
- You have a University degree in a related field, such as political science, public policy or health care (required)
- You gained professional experience in public policy (governmental institutions, trade association advocacy, government/public affairs consulting or NGOs) (required)
- Specialist knowledge of one or more of the following areas: pharmaceutical industry policy; trends in pharmaceutical science and innovation; Health Technology Assessment; European legislative processes and healthcare policy structures
- Proven business experience in the pharma sector is an advantage
- You have excellent analytical skills and proven capability to write policy papers
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!