A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reporting to the Site Automation and Electrical Manager, the Controls Engineer will directly support the management of the site Control and Automation Infrastructure for the Cork site.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- , develop, install and test PLC and control software projects.
- Develop and manage GAMP documentation e.g. URS, FDS, FAT, SAT etc.
- Lead projects, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Lead and supervise the Automation team as required, acting as the Automation team point of contact for business matters (projects, audits, production matters, etc).
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Work with OEM system suppliers to ensure requirements are met.
- Have a keen ability to fault find complex automation equipment.
- Support production and maintenance personnel in relation to troubleshooting and fault finding.
- Develop and manage the site automation/controls network infrastructure and make improvements to ensure it is reliable and robust for the present needs and for the sites long term future.
- Develop a site-wide master automation/controls plan and cost estimates so that capital can be set aside for this work over the next 3 – 5 years.
- Carry out justification for capital projects for the site and lead all elements of the project life cycle stages.
- Manage all Requisitions and financial needs to ensure site discretionary budgets and capital budgets are met.
- Ensure project and installations meet the requirement of EU directives such as ATEX and Machinery Directive and CE compliance.
- Ensure Electrical Control Panels are built to standard and adhere to Safety of Machinery – EN60204
- Investigate EHS incidents, lead RCAs and complete EHS actions as appropriate.
- Provide input into, and assist in the completion of, OPEX (Operation Excellence) projects so as to improve automation, reduce lead-time and reduce EHS risks across the sites.
- Placement of PO’s for equipment and spares is within the job role as is other administration work required to carry out your functional work.
WHO YOU ARE:
- BEng Level 8 degree in electrical automation engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in the automation discipline.
- Project management experience and qualification is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years + industry experience in an FDA or GMP environment as an automation controls engineer.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability.
- Previous experience within an ATEX environment an advantage.
- Experienced with SCADA systems - Archestra Wonderware & Intouch.
- Experienced with the Rockwell RSLogix 5000 / Studio 5000 software package and Rockwell controllers: PLC-5, SLC-500, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix.
- Experienced with Siemens S7 Controllers.
- In-depth knowledge of automation network protocols including EtherNet IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus, and Profibus.
- Knowledge of control systems integration with plant MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
- In-depth knowledge of ATEX directives, ETCI wiring regulations, IEC and EN standards.
- Management of projects through their full life-cycle.
- Motivated team player with a pro-active and flexible approach to work.
We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!