A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: As the Associate Director, Controlling in charge for Divisional Management & LS Digital, you will be the principal financial advisor to the Head of Strategy and Head of Communications. You will oversee executive projects and be the main contact for support function costs for the Life Science Business Sector. In addition, you will use your expertise to serve as financial business partner for Life Science Digital projects and initiatives. As such, you manage the full financial cycle including but not limited to Monthly/Quarterly results analysis, Quarterly landings, Forecasts, Annual Operating Plan, and Strategic Financial Plan. You will manage and be part of interdisciplinary project groups comprising experts from both the divisions and central functions.
Ability to work across departments within the company including exchange with senior management will be a priority.
- Leads and manages the full financial cycle including Monthly/Quarterly result analysis, Quarterly landings, Forecasts, Annual Operating Plan, and Strategic Financial Plan.
- Manages the management reporting process to provide business partners and leadership committees (i.e. LS Controlling Executive Committee, LS Executive Team), with timely reports on financial results and related business insights. Reports in a manner that meets information needs, while meeting corporate standards for process, timing, and format.
- Maintains close collaboration with business partners and supports the business in achieving defined goals.
- Applies appropriate set of performance metrics for the business to measure progress on programs that are consistent with the business strategic direction.
- Maintains a centralized database on ongoing projects, corresponding budgets and financial analysis.
- Drives and manages assigned projects independently.
- Proactively identifies areas for operational and financial improvement within the business or function. Streamlines financial analysis processes and management reporting. Plays a role in making the business or function, more efficient and effective.
- Is comfortable in exchanging with stakeholders from various departments and across various levels to drive progress.
- Ensures transparency and efficiency in resource allocation.
Who you are:
- BS in Accounting / Finance (or equivalent) required.
- Strong written, oral and presentation business communication in English.
- Minimum of 8 years of controlling or general accounting / finance experience.
- Strong business analysis skills and proficient at financial modeling, including Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow, DCF, NPV, IRR, and sensitivity analysis.
- Pro-found business partnering experience.
- Good at workload prioritization and resource management.
- Good conflict management and problem-solving abilities
- Proven project management skills and ability to implement change in a global matrix organization.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Exceptional Excel (advanced user) and Power Point Skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle & SAP, familiarity with TM1, Hyperion, Business Objects).
- MS, CPA, MBA, or CFA preferred.
- Work experience in the Life Science or Healthcare sector is a plus.
- Affinity for IT and Digitalization related topics as a plus.
- Experience working with VBA / macros a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.