A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The successful candidate will interact with our R&D, business, legal and patents teams providing counsel on IP matters identifying opportunities, risks and solutions to support the company’s business goals. You will have an active role in patent portfolio management through drafting, filing, prosecuting and defending patents for our life science business. You may also have opportunities to work on agreements, licenses and due diligences. Some travel (domestic and/or international) may be required to support businesses on site.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 years of patent law experience, with significant experience in life sciences, particularly bioprocessing, large molecule manufacturing (e.g., antibodies, virus production, etc.) and/or digital platforms.
- Preference to individuals with both private practice and in-house experience.
- Fluency in English required, German or other language skills are advantageous.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and manage risks.
- Skilled at effective time management.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Enjoys working in an open team environment with ability to be focused and self-reliant.
- JD or LLB in Law from an accredited law school and active member in good standing to practice law in at least one state in the US.
- Registered to practice before the USPTO.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant scientific area (e.g., engineering, chemistry, biological sciences). Advanced degree and/or experience in research and development a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.