A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are offering an exciting and challenging position where you will be responsible for driving the corporate Portfolio Strategy development for our Group. You will be supporting decision-taking on the Executive Board level regarding strategic resource allocation, considering the overarching diversified Group’s strategic, financial and technological priorities. You will be developing scenarios by evaluating major organic & inorganic portfolio measures and institutionalize long-term scenario planning. Leading the periodic portfolio assessment across all three Business Sectors, you are in close collaboration with the Sectors’ Strategy teams, Group Controlling and other relevant functions. Rounding-up this responsible role, you develop, initiate and steer other cross-functional Group-wide strategic projects, and monitor implementation in close collaboration with a complex stakeholder network. You can expect an inclusive and international team environment. We are committed to mentoring and on the job training.
Who you are:
- 6+ years in a leading Strategy Consultancy and practical experience in areas such as Corporate Portfolio Management, financial modelling, strategic/scenario planning, and/or M&A strategy
- Master’s degree in Natural Science and/or Business administration – Interdisciplinary studies and PhD/MBA/CFA are a plus
- Proven experience in leading complex, cross-functional project matrix organizations incl. ability to lead without formal authority
- Excellent analytical skills incl. conceptual thinking: ability to work on complex problems, contribute ‘end-to-end’, and derive sound recommendations for actionable strategic decision
- Sound understanding of industry and technology trends relevant to the our Group and its three Business Sectors
- Experience in Life Science, Pharmaceutical (Immunology/Immuno-Oncology) and/or Electronics Materials or other relevant industries is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships/network across matrix
- Intrinsically motivated team player: positive mindset with solution-oriented working style and proven ability to cope with uncertainty
- Strategic visioning abilities: willingness to constantly improve existing standards and challenge given structures
- Proficiency in English – language skills in German is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com