A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: due to continued business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an Equipment Support Engineer to join our team here in Glasgow. This role will allow the ideal candidate to provide Equipment Support to the Operational Departments within the laboratory areas. The role involves installation, calibration, preventative maintenance and emergency repairs on a variety of laboratory equipment. This role will be based out of our Glasgow office; however, there will also be travel to Stirling and Pentlands sites - a full UK drivers’ licence is required.
Who you are:
- Minimum HND qualification in a related technical subject (e.g. Engineering Systems, Mechatronics)
- Fully competent work experience in a GMP environment, in a technical capacity is essential
- Previous experience with Laboratory and / or Manufacturing equipment is required for the role
- Knowledge of refrigeration and other temperature-controlled units (Fridge/Freezers/Incubators)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, accompanied with strong execution and organisational skills
- Ability to promote a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks on time is a must
- Ability to solve practical hands on technical problems resourcefully
- Familiar with creation of calibration and maintenance standards and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - written, verbal, listening and computer literacy
- Excellent team player, with the capability of liaising with a variety of Stakeholders and cross functional teams in a formal capacity
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com