A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Within the Biodevelopment Process Development group, you will execute projects including developing, qualifying and transferring analytical and chromatographic methods for biotech molecules. You will execute client projects according to budget and timelines given to the project team. You will develop, qualify and transfer robust analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing. You will lead experiment follow-up and troubleshooting on analytical methods. You will support process, pharmaceutical development and pre-formulation studies with chromatographic methods, technical expertise and solutions. You will compile and analyze experimental data to generate process knowledge and decide on next steps. You will write development and qualification reports and ensure their timely delivery. You will prepare and present project updates to global project team and to upper management.
- Apply consolidated knowledge on protein chemistry and experience on protein analysis by chromatographic, electrophoretic, spectroscopic and mass spectrometry techniques.
- Responsible for biophysical characterization of proteins.
- Perform analyses including but not limited to CE-SDS, SE-HPLC, cIEF, LAL, host cell-DNA (qPCR), host cell protein, immunoassay and other biophysical/biochemical methods.
- Develop, validate and tech transfer robust analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing.
- Execute routine protein purification with affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography using AKTA systems (Unicorn software).
Who You Are:
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or related biotechnology field with 5+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experienced in protein purification via affinity, hydrophobic interaction (HIC), ion exchange (IEX), size exclusion (SEC) and mixed-mode chromatography.
- Solid and proven theoretical basis and hands-on experience in protein characterization.
- Proven track record in biochemical characterization of proteins including analytical and biophysical techniques.
- Solid and proven working knowledge of DOE. Ability to critically analyze data using statistical tools and to compile technical reports.
- Experience with protein formulation strategies is highly desirable.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Results-oriented with ability to work and deliver under pressure in collaborative team environments.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.