A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager for our Research Solutions business.
Location: Seattle WA, USA
Your Role: You will manage a team of hardware and software engineers to develop and maintain innovative instruments and software applications for our Life Science Research Solutions business. This position will report to the Head of R&D of Life Science Workflow and Tools division located in Burlington, MA.
- Managing the site and engineering staff in Seattle, WA.
- Leading the development of innovative instrumentation and software to support our Life Science Workflow Tools and Life Science Reagents and Kits business units.
- Consulting with Sales, Service, Customer Support, Operations, Quality, and Product Management teams to ensure quality products are delivered and accepted into the market.
- Lead and mentor a highly functioning technical team of internal and external engineers.
- Provide project and technical leadership on cross functional teams through product design and development, production, and commercialization
- Establish and maintain detailed project plans, define risks and recommend contingency plans as required in collaboration with the program manager and cross functional team members.
- Participate in the definition of a product roadmap that aligns with the business model by investigating new technologies, assessing technical and conceptual risk and financial viability, and identifying innovative approaches and methodologies.
- Support the Business Development team in assessing new technologies of partnership or acquisition opportunities.
- Manage the performance and professional development of the R&D team in Seattle.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years experience, Master's Degree with 3+ years experience
- Systems engineering experience developing instruments with complex software content
- Experience with both product & process development and transitioning products from R&D into Manufacturing
- Proven track record of technical leadership of a project from Inception to Product Release
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and development methodologies
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Prior experience leading projects with external design, development and manufacturing partners
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Experience managing employee performance and professional development
- Ability to travel based on project and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, or optical engineering preferred)
- 10+ years of experience developing hardware and software for biomedical devices with a strong track record of delivering products to market
- 5+ years of experience managing teams and leading technical projects
- Working knowledge of optical, mechanical and electrical systems and image/signal processing
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.