A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Ensure site EHS compliance in terms of internal & external regulatory requirement.
- Monitoring and tracking on EHS management system of Merck Group and China Authorities, update to EHS team.
- Provide EHSF related skill training and consulting, also including emergency and contingency EHS advice/training to site functions.
- Initiate and Implement programs to meet the Global EHS objectives and site-specific objectives.
- Other major figures to indicate the importance of functions of Superior position or this position, please skip the terms if it is not applicable
- Service as EHSF key account for business needs, such as providing procedures & affairs supports and delivering for authority EHSF permits.
- Ensure existing regulatory requirements and license/permits are in place and implemented effectively to meet business and company needs.
- Develop and coordinate the training materials in relevant with EHSF aspects. Provide training to relevant personnel for ensuring better understandings. Organize and facilitate Nantong site audit to fulfill authority and Merck internal requirements.
- Join EHSF activities on site and solve upcoming problems to ensure EHSF best practice sharing and implementing an agreed Safety Program of Inspection/Training and Execution of EHSF relevant tasks.
- Manage and maintain EHSF relevant procedures, and ensure procedures fulfill internal and external requirements, such as facilitating on EHSF promotions, review and trace on the gaps and its CAPAs.
Who you are
- Requires a degree in Environmental Management/Engineering or equivalent: Bachelor plus 3 years or above EHS experience with Chemical/pharmaceutical industries or Master plus 1 years’ experience.
- Position requires strong enguage peolpe,coordination, organizational, interpersonal skills. Must work well in teams.
- Skillful and experienced in EHS management System in chemical industry. Including system development, maintenance, organization, training and documentation.
- Practical EHS risk analysis/assessment skills for a chemical plant. Wide chemistry knowledge with experienced Chemical handling in case of emergency.
- Well understanding and implementation of relevant EHS regulatory system especially for chemical/pharmaceutical Plant.Knowledge of applicable laws and regulation, existing relationship with local authorities desired.
- Organizational and interpersonal and presentation skills are needed to communicate within Nantong site and corporate structure.
- Experienced Internal and External EHS audit.
- Language: native Chinese, good English communication skill;
Functional area: EHS
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!