A career in our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Strategic fit and business impact:
Lead Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Engineer will focus on implementation/management of the Merck SIEM platform(s).
The Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Engineer will possess deep technical knowledge on a number of security technologies; the main area of focus will be the implementation of SIEM solutions and continued management of the SPLUNK SIEM and associated appliances. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of information security and networking and extensive experience interacting with customers.
The following skills profile is required
- SoftSkills: attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex technical information
- God IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- An understanding f the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- A god working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- Technical Writing and Reprting Skills
The following task should be performed:
- Keep up with evolving cyber threats and identifying new and sophisticated methods of detecting them.
- Interact with customers to gather requirements and ensure the implementation of cyber security solutions.
- Establish and maintain a road map of implementations and track tasks in Jira and ServiceNow.
- Responsible for the creation of procedures, runbooks, high-level/low-level documentation, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining SIEM and it’s components across global environment. Leads Engineers in supporting existing systems and initiatives.
- Responsible for configuration of current enterprise security log source types into the SIEM.
- Analyzes and identifies areas of improvement with existing processes, procedures and documentation.
- Demonstrates how to use SIEM & Enterprise Security products to both technical/non-technical personnel.
- Implement and configure McAfee SIEM software and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
- Well versed within SPLUNK and at one other SIEM and assessing the current security environment, developing strategies to enhance the scalability of the solution. Develop use cases that support monitoring and detection.
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!