A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
*Please note this is a Temporary Contract position
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The analytical chemist will be based in the Process Technology Group and will be responsible for overseeing the introduction and transfer of methods to the Quality Control Laboratory in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
The position will be for a short-term project in the region of 9 months duration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Preparing analytical method verification/transfer protocols and reports.
- Writing and reviewing SOPs.
- Liaising with third parties on equipment or analytical test issues/requirements.
- Troubleshooting analytical issues.
- Assisting with route cause analysis (RCA).
- Responding quickly and positively to internal and external customers
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team.
- Participating positively in team activities.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records.
Essential: Third Level Qualification – Science / Chemistry (analytical) discipline or equivalent.
Experience/key achievements: (Desirable)
Circa 3-5 years’ experience in a quality control role in an FDA/HPRA regulated environment preferred.
• Experience of new product introduction.
• The ability to project manage the analytical requirements of projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Mature judgment, problem-solving and decision-making ability.
• Ability to operate in a team-based environment.
• Skilled in the use of computers.
• Understanding of cGMP environment and regulations.
• Fluent in English – written and oral.
• Experience in a wide range of analytical techniques.
• Experience in electronic document management systems.
We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!