A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Operations manager position is responsible for day-to-day operations of the North America M Lab™ Collaboration Center. You will be working with the commercial organization to ensure a consistent Customer experience within a global network of eight centers. Manage activities in the M Lab™ with responsibility for equipment, instrumentation, utilities, laboratory space, Curiosity Hub including digital and AV technology, and lab users to ensure Customer satisfaction. Process and fulfill requests for onsite use of the lab and offsite use of equipment. Oversee calibration, maintenance and repair service of equipment and instrumentation coordinating with vendors to resolve issues to maintain ongoing functionality. Maintain approved suppliers, place orders and track delivery of materials, chemicals, and equipment according to department needs and Project schedules. Maintain inventory and control of consumables, equipment, chemicals, critical spare parts, and tools. Perform equipment set up for experiments and training and prepare basic chemical and biological solutions as needed. Work in collaboration with other staff to ensure an optimal Customer experience. Train Lab users according to local policies and procedures. Interface with building management as needed. Lead the execution of the annual Capital investment appropriation according to annual budget, following defined Workflow. Lead the expending and controlling of lab operations budget. Manage EHS safety activities. Represent the laboratory on a multi-departmental safety committee and act as a liaison with Environmental Health and Safety. Participate in process improvement activities to enhance laboratory operations, coordinating with related departments as needed. Communicate with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues. Prepare and deliver regular presentations and communications to the department to highlight lab trends, new equipment investments, changes to procedures or policies or identified issues. Prepare and maintain quality documents as determined by business requirements following company Quality Management plan. Maintain North America Technical Operations Handbook within the global framework. Manage technicians by establishing performance metrics, monitoring activities and evaluating performance. Resolve escalated issues. Administer employment actions, provide coaching and guidance to personnel and promote personnel training and development. Provide consultation to Latin America M Lab™ Technical Lead based in Brazil as needed. Work in strong partnership with global team and within a matrixed organization.
Physical Attributes: Travel up to 10%
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science degree in any discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Pharma or life science industry
- 3+ years of Management skills or supervisory experience required
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with laboratory operations, testing and services, including setting up, reading and releasing test results and troubleshooting equipment.
- 1+ years of Project management and budget experience
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Extensive laboratory skills and experience
- Experience and operating knowledge of SFDC
- Project management professional license preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize and direct work activities.
- Process improvement skills and ability.
- Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- High customer service mentality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- High team orientation
- Ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments
- Ability to use critical thinking as well as intricate knowledge of the operation of the function to independently set priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through a must
- Proven experience and examples of developing and maintaining relationships across functions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.