A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: Based in Rockville, Maryland, you will join a team of Strategy & Market Intelligence managers developing the strategy for MilliporeSigma's Process Solution Services in pharma and biopharma testing. Reporting into the Head of Strategy & Market Intelligence, you will be responsible for owning strategic projects of key importance to the business. Provide strategic planning direction through significant interaction with business leadership, serving as an advisor and thought partner and challenging conventional wisdom and approaches. Contribute to identifying, prioritizing, developing and delivering market insights to drive strategy development, as well as facilitating structured workshops across the organization. Frame and quantify business potential and investment risk for strategic growth opportunities, e.g., new market entry, providing actionable recommendations for the business.
Who you are:
- Bachelors and Masters Degree in Life Sciences required.
- 2+ years of relevant Life Sciences Strategy/ Management Consulting experience required.
- Strategic thinking ability to see the current and future business within a broader context, and quickly synthesize implications and opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to think critically and analytically about all business problems.
- Experience working with and manipulating large amounts of financial/other data in Excel.
- Ability to be think creatively, approach work with an entrepreneurial mindset, and take the initiative despite minimal day-to-day oversight; ownership mindset to solve problems and drive the business.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally to internal and external audiences, including to the leadership team, to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- Ability to work with and engage across management team and various functions within the organization. Ability to lead through influence.
- Comfortable working a fast paced, energetic, team-oriented environment. Willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas.
- Knowledge of technical and scientific details of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and testing; credible discussing current and future trends in the industry in front of customers and internal stakeholders; able to contribute to thought leadership activities.
- Travel (including international travel) up to 35% of time will be required.
- PhD in Life Sciences and/or MBA preferred.
- Financial modeling experience a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.