A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will be responsible for preparation and shipment of products and materials to internal and external customers. Performs duties according to established SOP’s, ISO 9000, cGMP, and DOT regulations to support corporate regulatory efforts. Packages and ships external and internal customer orders to meet established shipping schedules. Maintains computer inventory control system for order management. Maintains paperwork according to SOP and DOT regulations. Takes part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations. Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
First Shift - Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED Required
- 1+ year of work experience in a warehouse or material handeling environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written.
- Shipping regulation and shipping hazardous materials.
- Ability to read, hear, speak and understand English language.
- Ability to work in a group setting.
- Ability to operate PCs, scanners, printers, CRTs, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines) and various cutting instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to understand basic shipping regulations.
- Ability work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to do basic arithmetic.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.