A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of Semiconductor Solutions Sourcing, the Senior Global Sourcing Manager is responsible for the sourcing activities for chemical materials required at our facilities. In addition, the Senior Global Sourcing Manager will build and maintain excellent business relationships with our suppliers to give the optimal support to our business. He/She is expected to interface with all stakeholders in the greater organization to understand challenges and work on solutions to support a growing business within a highly demanding electronics industry.
- Manage the sourcing of organic and inorganic chemicals and associated vendors to support production and R&D.
- Maintain the relationship with all suppliers relevant, in particular those that are identified as critical to the business.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Act as the primary point of contact to suppliers when issues arise.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly calls as required, to update stakeholders with the latest information.
- Perform Business Reviews with suppliers.
- Manage projects at suppliers including Change Control, Continuous improvement and Risk Mitigation projects.
- Be a key contributor to the Supplier Management program.
- Participate in Risk Assessments of suppliers.
- Perform an annual supplier performance evaluation in accordance with established procedures.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to achieve the most favorable terms and conditions for the company.
- Continually identify new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and proactively tracks progress toward these objectives.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure a healthy level of inventory is available at all times.
- Work with Quality to ensure that suppliers are compliant and that the material being received is to specification and performs well in our processes.
- Facilitate and participate in Quality Audits of existing and new suppliers.
- Provide forecasts to suppliers.
- Work with Product Management to ensure there is an aligned strategy for raw materials sourcing.
- Manage personnel as required by the business, including direct reports and shared resources.
- Coordinate activities with other members of the procurement team in different regions of the world.
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Industrial Engineering.
- Good knowledge about front end fabrication process of semiconductor manufacturing is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience ideally in the chemical or semiconductor industry.
- Experience dealing with vendors or in supply chain.
- Experience using ERP systems, ideally SAP.
- MBA or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Strong negotiation and presentations skills.
- Cost sensitive and strategic
- Experience working in a global environment
- High degree of self-reliance required, must thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Collaborative team player, always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Ability to travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.